Monday, July 26, 2010

Support My Vintage Baby in the 2010 Walk to Cure Diabetes



Dear My Vintage Baby Fans,

I'm writing to you to ask for your support in a very special cause.

As you may know, my husband Jason, and all three of my kids-Jackson (10), Jaiden (8) and Jett (23 months) are all type 1 diabetics. Type 1, or juvenile diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.

Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin (daily shots). While insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease.

That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.

The good news, though, is that JDRF is making steady progress toward a cure. In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF funds more type 1 research than any other charity worldwide.

My Vintage Baby is getting involved to help find a cure for this awful disease and to help raise awareness around diabetes. I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference.

Here is what we can do:

1. If you order this fall, you will see a new box where you may choose to donate $1 to JDRF research. Please donate a $1 or more!

2. All of the fall items that are part of Trista Sutter's collections will have a special Trista Sutter and JDRF hangtag. 3% of the net profits of all of these items will go to the JDRF. I can't wait for you to see these amazing items August 1st and hope you will purchase them and help a great cause!

3. Team Walks! We'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other walkers across the country! Taking part in the Walk is great experience. Not only will you be making a real difference in helping to find a cure that will change the lives of millions... you'll be having FUN, and getting a good workout too!

I have set up a Dallas area walk team under My Vintage Baby and would LOVE for you to join our team and come out and walk with us this September. My family and I will be walking at Granite Park - 5800 Granite Parkway, Plano 75024, Collin County, TX on September 25, 2010. You can find out more and sign up at:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87713921

4. Not a Dallas fan? That's ok! Ask your local sales rep if they have set up an area team that you can be a part of! You can also follow the link in this email and make a donation to our Dallas team!

Won't you please help My Vintage Baby raise money give to JDRF as generously as we're able to?

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you,

Jessica Wiswall
My Vintage Baby
President, CEO

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87713921

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=87713921

No comments: