Thursday, May 20, 2010

Moms Find Mini Designer Duds at My Vintage Baby



Posted at http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12502040
on May 18, 2010 2:12 PM

By Jennifer Pierce, NEWS 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Finding work can be tough, especially in this economy. That's why a lot of Oklahomans are starting up their own businesses. Direct sales are a way to do that.

Shopping doesn't have to mean a trip to the mall these days. These women are finding clothes for their kids at a neighbor's house.

"It's fun; it's good girlfriends and just a good time," Camille Pritchard said.

And the person in charge of bringing the fun is Cassity Reed.

"We just do a very laid back atmosphere," said Reed. "We have a come-and-go a couple hours where a hostess opens her home and has friends over."

Reed is a direct sales representative for My Vintage Baby.

"We are premier designer clothing for children," Reed said.

Finding customers isn't hard.

"So many moms get excited about dressing their children in designer clothing," Reed said.

She bought the clothes when they could be found on retail racks and when the company moved to direct sales, Reed knew it was the job for her.

"Cute clothing for my daughter and son, I can really get geared up for that and then the money is a wonderful perk," Reed said.

She makes a commission off her monthly sales and if others join her team she makes a percentage of what they make.

"I've never been intimidated talking to somebody about becoming a rep because I don't feel like they feel like I'm just out to get them on my team and take all of their sales because I'm still working my business, too in order to make money," Reed said.

Reed is one of only a handful of sales reps in Oklahoma, but the list grows with every party.

"I've actually talked to her about it before," stay-at-home mom Ashley Hartwig said.

Hartwig has been shopping around for something to do from home. She likes My Vintage Baby because it's different.

"You go to so many makeup parties and they are just all the same thing, but this is just fun," Hartwig said.

No comments: